Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A NEW FRIEND

I love traveling! I enjoy airports and people watching. You can see so much happening in such a short amount of time. There is a mass of emotions and energy all over the map of people arriving to their destination, people leaving to return home, attend business meetings, making that visit to family and friends, heading back to a childhood town for a funeral, an appointment to the Mayo, or a major cancer treatment facility, people seeking the sun and warmth, or the ski resorts.


What fascinates me as I sit at our gate is the wide range of behavior. WE are all so very human, sometimes rude, kind, forgiving, angry, grief stricken, full of laughter and joy. And yet, the spark of the Divine bears witness in moments that can warm your heart and give you a reminder that there remains hope for mankind after all.


I was blessed on this trip with a visit with a young man who taught me so much in just a matter of four hours.  I wanted to hear his life story.  He has known adversity, triumphs, challenges, gifts, and has the most beautiful soul with a wide open heart that took my breath away.


In his younger days he knew: loss of beloved relationships, a fire that destroyed everything he owned except for a vase and one of his two cats, two close dear friends killed in an auto accident by a drunk driver, one very close friend murdered, and then nearly died himself but was rewarded with an amazing near death experience.  He is all about The Love of God in every moment of his daily life.  He has so very much to share in his story that I can't begin to tell you all of it here. But let me just say, I walked away from my time with him with a healthy reminder of why we are here.


Every encounter, every conversation, every relationship, or chance meeting is infused with the opportunity to bless one another.  We know this down deep in our souls, but we get busy trying to make the dollar, find the perfect love, survive the pain, figure out government...


The opportunities for us to Return to The Love are everywhere.  What is it you want to do different this year? I certainly have my list.  I hope not to have to survive a near death experience to 'wake up'!


Never forget that you are here with authentic purpose! You are loved unconditionally beyond your wildest imagination! Make time to: get healthy, forgive those who have wounded you, forgive yourself too, honor the Earth and pet a kitty, protect the air and water, look at every meal and ponder how many were involved to get this dish on your table: the farmer, the reaper, etc.  See people with new vision: all precious in God's eyes!


My new friend's story is in his book: The Key Master by Peter Anthony. Bless you Peter for all you do for so many! What an honor to have spent time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment