Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WE ARE ONE

This Thursday, October 24th, is Global Oneness Day and United Nations Day. I love this!! Why?

Patients have taught me over and over that as we are dying, we are the same.  Whether I am climbing marble steps to a mansion or concrete blocks to a mobile home, the needs when I arrive are essentially the same.

These are some of the questions they ask:

Can you keep me comfortable: physically, emotionally, spiritually? Even if I'm still fighting pain in my heart, my soul, my mind?

Does God really love even me? Even if I'm not perfect? Even if I'm a society outcast? Even if I'm still trying to forgive someone? Even if I haven't been in a church or synagogue in years?

Will I be alone when I die or will there be others from the other side come? Even if I'm not sure? Even if I.....?


You see, it doesn't matter how much money we have or how big our house is or how many degrees we've earned, or how poor we are or if we are homeless or if we haven't been educated.  We are all connected.  WE are all One Human Family.

We are on such a tiny planet when you consider the heavens and the vastness of all that is 'out there'. One very young man asked me one day, "Do you think there are aliens? And if you do, do you think they wonder at our violence to one another?"

We must wrap our hearts and brains around the notion of caring for all: each and every person, Mother Earth: her animals, the plant kingdom, the soil, the air, the waters, the rocks! We are the keepers, the guardians..yes, each one of us!

What will it take for us to lay our weapons down? I don't know for sure but I think it will include a massive scale of Love. I just know that as we die it doesn't matter if we are Democrat or Republican, Baptist or Jew, American or Aborigines, vegan or meat-eater...

We all have a heart, we all bleed, we all need Love. We all need to give Love.

Thursday pull out the kids' globe or get out the giant National Geographic World Map and then close your eyes and point to a spot.  Open your eyes and then pray for that nation, study her people, etc.  And teach the children to do the same.

God Loves Everyone!
He's got the whole world in His hands, He's got the whole wide world in His Hands...He's got you and me and brother in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands.  That what we sang in our little country church when I was a youngster. I still believe that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment