Monday, March 10, 2014

A SHARED DEATH EXPERIENCE

A dear woman sent me an email via my website this weekend. She wanted to share the things she saw and heard in the room where her husband died. Of course I was blessed to receive it. I asked her if I might share this with others and she agreed, "Surely you may use the story.  I believe all gifts from God should be shared. He gave me this for a reason.  Not just for me but everyone, so they may believe."

Dear Becki,

My first husband was a mechanic for the police and fire department. He was working on a stuck ladder and fell.  This caused a tumor in his lung.  Months went by and he coughed a lot, so I insisted he see a doctor.  We went to the hospital and had all the tests. I somehow knew it wasn't going to be something simple like a cold.  He was diagnosed with large cell carcinoma, lung cancer.  They could not operate because it had already moved into the chest cavity.  They put him through radiation treatments for a month to see if the tumor would shrink.  It did not.  He went to the hospital on March 11, 1985.  This was also the anniversary of his brother's death.  I felt so strange about that.  In April he was in the hospital again for about 14 days, and again in June for about 21 days.  This time he didn't come home.  He passed away just after our 18th anniversary on June 24th.

He was very worried that day and I told him I would stay with him all night and as long as he wanted me to.  They just couldn't keep the fluid drained out of his lungs.  The doctor told me earlier that evening that he was dying.   About 9:30 pm the nurse came in and put the oxygen mask on him because the tube under his nose wasn't giving him all that he needed. I tried to lay down on the chair, but he had to keep his hand on me.  I tried to hold his hand but it was so hard to do I just got up and sat on the bed.  He would look out the window and then back at me.  He looked so scared.  About 3 am I asked him if he was looking for the sun to come up and he nodded yes.  I told him not to worry that it would be up soon and he would feel so much better.  Besides I wan't going anywhere.  And I wasn't going to let anything happen to him.  This was the last thing I said to him.

I had prayed that God would help me do what I needed to do, and that he would give me something to hang onto so I would know if I did right.  After all I had a 14 and a 16 year old boys at home with my mother.

About 3:30 am I was still sitting on the bed looking at him and NEVER have I ever been in such peace.  There was a green veil between us.  It laid across my arms and my lap and went all the way to the ceiling.  I wondered what it could be.  It sparkled like diamonds bursting in the sun.  I thought, "This looks like something from Disney Land." But green? I saw him through the veil and heard what sounded like straining.  But it seemed OK, I though oh..he is trying to keep from coughing.  His eyes were closed and his head tilted on the pillow.

There seemed to be tremendous figures in the room at each side of the bed and the music...not audible to the ear but heard inside.  It was like I have never heard before and I have written music before and played music since the age of 5.  This music was so beautiful and so soft but bold all at the same time.  Then the veil started to lift from between us.  The peace I felt started to leave.  The higher the veil the more panic I felt.  By this time I could see him clearly without any obstruction.  I jumped from the bed and at the door I yelled for the nurse.  When I looked back at him his head was straight on the pillow and he was looking at the top of the wall.  BUT...I saw a golden glow encircling his head and chest as if there was a spot light on him.  I said to myself and the nurse when she came in, "Where is that light coming from?" If only I had turned around and looked where he was looking.  There was no light in the room before.  Standing at the foot of the bed my knees felt weak and I had to kneel.  The nurse helped me to the hall, but again I went to my knees.  Not feeling faint but knowing you might not be able to stand in the presence of God.  They took me to the nurses' station and asked the normal questions about respirators and life support.  I told them to do anything they must to make him comfortable.  They were not going to keep him any longer than God wanted him to stay.

The only thing I can figure is that God knew He had to do something to keep me still so I wouldn't screw it up trying to help.  So he put me in the state of peace and ecstasy while He did what He had to do.  After it was finished He let me loose so I could do something so that I could feel useful, and keep my word to my husband.


Please share this great story in your circles!! Many thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story, Becki. How wonderful that people you sharing such marvelous stories with you -- and then you are sharing them with the rest of us! Thank you. Keep 'em coming...

    ReplyDelete